Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Recipe: Pimento Cheese Sandwich

So far we have established that I love Mexican food and tacos, and I think in another post I declared my love for sandwiches, but just in case I didn't, allow me to do it now! My name is Danielle and I love sandwiches, all kinds of sandwiches! 

And this sandwich is no different! Now I know what you're thinking, pimento cheese???? Yuck! And you would be right if this was the recipe that my grandma would make, but it's not! So stick around and see what set's this recipe apart!


Pimento Cheese Spread:

Yield: 8 Sandwiches

2 8oz, Packages of cream cheese, softened
1/4 tsp. Kosher salt
1/3 Cup Pimentos, diced
1 Cup Cheddar Cheese
1 Garlic clove, minced
4 Turns of a pepper mill
1 Tbsp. Ranch dressing (optional)
2 Tbsp. Green Chile (optional)
8 Ciabatta rolls

In a medium bowl combine the first seven or eight ingredients. At first I only mix the first seven ingredients, make all my kids sandwiches, then add the green chile and make my husband's and mine. My kids are not big fans of green chile. If you have a panini press, now is the time to plug it in and get it heated up. Take your ciabatta rolls and cut them in half lengthwise, then spread approximately 1/2 a cup of the Pimento Cheese spread on the roll. Place the top of the roll back on and if you have a panini press place in the press and cook until sandwich is golden on top and has nice grill marks. If you don't have a panini press then heat a skillet over medium heat and cook sandwich in the skillet like a grilled cheese (if you are using a nonstick skillet you shouldn't need any oil or butter, if not place a Tbsp of oil in the pan of brush oil on the outside of the bread). In order to press the sandwich place another skillet on top and place something heavy in it like a brick or a couple of large cans. Cook until crispy and golden. Remove from the skillet or press and slice in triangles, and eat! 

These sandwiches are so simple, but so good and I promise no one will think about those old pimento cheese sandwiches! 


"Devouring worlds, one book and recipe at a time."

No comments:

Post a Comment