Monday, April 29, 2013

Toffee Crunch Cheesecake


This weekend, I was a baking and cooking fool! Just one of the things I made this weekend was this little number. Now it has been over 10 years since I have made a cheesecake and it was never something that I really perfected. But after growing into something of a baker I decided to give the elusive cheesecake another try. But as you all know, I don't post recipes on this blog that aren't original to me so naturally I had to create my own cheesecake recipe too. (The real reason I created my own was because I couldn't bear the thought of putting sour cream in my cheesecake).

So here is my version of the cheesecake!

Graham Cracker Crust

Yield: 2 9 inch cakes

16 Graham Crackers, crushed
4 1/2 Tbsp. Granulated Sugar
8 Tbsp. Butter, melted

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Take two 9 inch round cake pans, grease and coat with powdered sugar. In a medium bowl mix together the above ingredients with your hands. Mixture should feel slightly wet and should clump together. Take mixture and divide it in two. Place half of the mixture in each of the cake pans. Then using your hands press the graham cracker mixture down, until it completely covers the bottom of each cake pan. Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, remove from the oven and place to the side.

Toffee Crunch Cheesecake

Yield: 2 9inch cakes

3 8oz. Packages of Cream Cheese (at room temperature)
3 Eggs 
1 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 Milka Toffee Crunch Candy Bar, chopped (Can use any candy bar you want)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a stand mixer or in a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer, cream cream cheese. Then add the sugar and cream together until the sugar is incorporated. Scrape the sides of the bowl, add vanilla and one egg, mix thoroughly. Then add another egg, again mixing thoroughly. Scrape the sides of the bowl, add the remaining egg and mix again. Add in candy bar and mix with a rubber spatula. Pour half the mixture over on graham cracker crust and the other half in the other pan. If you want a thick cheesecake just pour the entire batter in one pan. Place in the oven and cook for 35-40 minutes, or until the middle of the cheesecake has set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before eating.

What do you think? Do you like cheesecake?

"Devouring worlds, one book and recipe at a time."

No comments:

Post a Comment