Saturday, April 6, 2013

Buttery Mashed Potatoes


As you can see from the picture above, today I am going to give you one of my recipes for mashed potatoes, and as you can also see, my mashed potatoes are not lump free. And I am okay with that! 

I love mashed potatoes, and personally I think they could make a meal all on their own and that they really don't get enough respect! Mashed potatoes are good dang it! So good that we should eat them all the time! Okay well maybe not all the time, but a lot!

Buttery Mashed Potatoes
Yield: 12-15 Servings (depend on size)

12 Yukon golden potatoes, peeled, cubed
1 8oz. Package cream cheese
1 Cup Butter/Margarine
1/2-3/4 Cup Milk
1 Tbsp. Kosher salt

In a large stock pot place cubed potatoes and cover with water, enough to come above the potatoes at least an inch. Pour in the kosher salt, place on medium heat and cook until the potatoes can be smashed with a fork, making sure to stir them from time to time. Once the potatoes are tender remove from heat and drain. Place the potatoes back in the pan and add the cream cheese. Using a hand masher or a hand mixer, smash the potatoes, then add the butter/margarine and continue to smash, ending with 1/2 a cup of milk. Continue to smash the potatoes until they reach the desired creaminess. May need to add more milk. (I personally prefer to mash my potatoes with a hand masher, not only do I get a good work out, but I kind of like the lumps.)

Once they reach your desired consistency, serve up and eat. If you want to really indulge then top with bacon, cheese, and chives for a loaded mashed potato!

I love these potatoes and so do my kids, there are never any leftovers and we always fight over who get's to eat the last of them. So, how do you do your mashed potatoes? Do you like lumps or no lumps?

"Devouring worlds, one book and recipe at a time."

No comments:

Post a Comment