Thursday, May 9, 2013

Super Easy Guacamole

Okay, I know it has been a while since I have posted anything on this blog, and for that I am truly sorry. Life was crazy as I was studying for finals and writing papers for what was the last couple of weeks of Graduate School, but I am happy to report that school is now over, so I now have a little free time. This should mean more food blogging....I hope.

For my first day blog on the food blog, I have decided to keep things simple and easy.


Guacamole

3 Avocados, chopped
1/2 Cup Red Onion, diced
1 Garlic Clove, minced
1/2 Cup Sliced Jalapenos
3/4 Cup Diced Tomatoes, seeded
Juice of 2 Limes
1 tsp. Kosher Salt
1 tsp. Jalapeno Juice

In a medium bowl combine the above ingredients and mix with a fork. I like my guacamole with chunks of avocado, so I do not mash my guacamole, but if you like your's smooth then feel free to use your fork and mash the mixture as you mix it. Note: as you mix it, a majority of the avocado's will smash anyways. Then all you do is taste it and check for spice. Add more salt, jalapeno or lime juice if needed. Serve it with your favorite chips, or with Fajitas, like I did. To store your guacamole, place the seed of the avocado in the middle of the guacamole, cover and refrigerate, in order to prevent browning. Or cover it with plastic wrap making sure to push the plastic wrap down on top of the guacamole and up the sides of the bowl. The key here is to keep out the air to prevent it from browning. Note: the lime juice will not prevent it from browning.

What do you think? Simple, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment