Friday, May 24, 2013

Basic Chocolate Cupcakes

It seems that I make a lot of chocolate cake and to save myself from having to type out the recipe every time I make a new chocolate cupcake I am going to put the basic recipe here and just link to it every time I use it.

Basic Chocolate Cake

1 Cup Milk chocolate chips
1 Cup Milk + 1 Tbsp. Lemon juice (This will make buttermilk)
1 3/4 Cup Flour
1 tsp. Baking soda
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1/4 Cup Vegetable oil
3 Eggs
1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder

Heat oven 350 degrees. In a medium sauce pan melt chocolate and milk mixture and heat over medium heat, until the chocolate is completely melted, whisk together, then add cocoa powder. Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool. In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking soda, sugar, and salt. In small bowl combine eggs, and oil. Once the chocolate is cool add a little to the flour mixture and combine. Then add the egg mixture and mix thoroughly. Slowly add chocolate into mixture, mixing thoroughly after each addition. Mixture will be a little runny. Fill liners about 3/4 of the way; I like to use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to fill my liners, bake for 20-25 minutes or until cake springs back in the middle, or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven, place on a cooling rack and allow them to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment