Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Chinese Soup


You all know I love to experiment with cupcakes and I am sure that most of you know that I also like to just flat out experiment in the kitchen. This recipe is just one of those lovely little experiments. The first time I made this, I didn't know if it would turn out the way I imagined it in my head so I didn't bother to write it down or take pictures, and boy am I kicking myself in the butt for that one! It was amazing! The picture above is attempt number 2, still good, but I think I might have missed something. Lesson learned, never cook without my notebook....NEVER!

So, here it is......

Chinese Soup

2 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 Bunch Chives, roughly chopped (as you can see I didn't in this picture, but in the original recipe I did)
64 oz. Chicken Broth
6 Cups Water
6 Beef Bouillon Cubes
6 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
6 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 tsp. Ground Mustard
1 tsp. Powdered Ginger
2 tsp. Kosher Salt
1 tsp. Ground Pepper
1 Cup Shredded Carrots
2 Cups Fresh Bean Sprouts
2 8 oz. Pkg. of Chinese Noodles

In a large stock pot, place chicken broth, water, beef bouillon, chives, garlic, Worcestershire Sauce, and soy sauce (first 7 ingredients) and place over medium heat. Stir occasionally and smash the bouillon cubes every once in a while. Bring to a boil, add the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the noodles! Cook until the sprouts and carrots are hot. Fill another large stock pot with water and place over high heat, bring to a boil. Once the water is boiling, add both packages of Chinese noodles and cook for 3 minutes, drain and rinse. To assemble your soup, take a tong full of noodles (however much you want) place in the bottom of the bowl and then ladle broth over the noodles. This will allow you to control the amount of broth and noodles each serving gets. The chicken I made for my potsticker recipe, which can be found here: Potsticker Perfection was also used in the soup. Feel free to put any meat you choose or go meatless!!! 

Another super simple recipe! Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment