Saturday, January 10, 2015

Nutella S'more Pancakes with Marshmallow Creme Whipped Cream

Pancakes.

Let that word sink in for a minute. Go on, I'll wait. *hums*

A blank canvass, that's what pancakes are to me. Something that is just begging for my creativity. As my husband always says, "I wouldn't know how to make a plain pancake if my life depended on it."

I think he's right, but don't tell him that. I have never cooked a pancake that I didn't change. And tonight I was inspired by cupcakes... and S'mores. Naturally, my taste buds started spinning and decided that I had to have Nutella in there too, alas, Nutella S'more Pancakes were born!

 


Print Friendly and PDF



Nutella S'more Pancakes
Yield ~9 large pancakes

2 Cups Krusteaz Pancake Mix
1 1/3 Cups Water
1/2 Cup Nutella
1 Cup Marshmallow Creme
5 Graham Crackers, crushed

Procedure:
1) In a medium mixing bowl combine pancake mix and water, using a whisk.
2) Once most of the lumps are gone add the Nutella. Mix thoroughly.
3) Using a rubber spatula, fold in the marshmallow creme, until most of it has been mixed in. You should still have lumps of creme throughout the batter.
4) Lightly mix in the graham crackers.
5) Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with non-stick spray.
6) When pan is hot add about 1 cup of batter (make them as small or as big as you like)
7) Heat pancakes on one side until bubbles form all around the edges. Then flip and cook until the second side is golden brown.
8) Remove pancakes from the pan, place them on a plate and repeat.

So now you have your pancakes. And you could easily top them with butter and syrup and eat them on your merry way. But if you are anything like me, you can't simply top them with butter and syrup. Oh no, these are special pancakes, they deserve a special topping.

Marshmallow Creme Whipped Cream

1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1/3 Cup Powdered Sugar
1/2 Cup Marshmallow Creme

Procedure:
1) In a stand mixer or mixing bowl combine all the ingredients.
2) It works better if you are using a cold stainless steel bowl. If you have a stand mixer, turn it on low and walk away. If you don't, turn on low and mix. You can turn it up higher once the cream has whipped a little.
3) Continue to whip until the cream stands when you pull the beater out.

Viola! Topping. Well part of it. Of course I went further. I topped mine with drizzled Nutella, butter, Whipped cream and crushed graham crackers!

So yes, you can have chocolate cake for dinner!


No comments:

Post a Comment